RECF Team Educational Video
This challenge offers robotics competition teams the opportunity to help other schools and clubs learn from their experience. Use your imagination - the only restriction is that it has to contain something useful for a new team to know about competition robotics.
- 1st: 2012 RECF Team Educational Video Award, $750 vexrobotics.com gift certificate, automatic team qualification for the 2012 VRC World Championship (if part of a registered VRC team)
- 2nd: $500 vexrobotics.com gift certificate
- 3rd: $250 vexrobotics.com gift certificate
- Create a video and a document designed to teach a new team what you know about some engineering, competition, or team management aspect that would help them prepare for competition robotics. Make up your own goals and approaches, but to get you started here are some sample ideas:
- How to analyze a game
- How to calculate loads for robotics mechanisms
- How to build a specific mechanism such as a drive train or lifting arm
- How to best use specific robotics components such as chains
- How to best work as a team at a tournament
- This contest is open to students anywhere in the world currently registered in an education institution at the middle school, high school or college/university level, or to home school students younger than college/university level.
- This entry needs to include a written description (up to 500 words) in PDF format. This can include supporting drawings, diagrams or photographs.
- Video up to four minutes long, submitted to YouTube.
- 50 Points: How well does the entry meet the requirements?
- 20 Points: The documentation complements the video and contributes to learning and is clear and easy to follow, with a message that is easily understood
- 20 Points: Video provides real solutions to problems facing new programs, and is enjoyable to watch
- 10 Points: Video is of high production quality, with good video, editing and sound