The VEX Robotics Design System offers students an exciting platform for learning about areas rich with career opportunities spanning science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
VEX Robotics Photography Challenge
Showcase youth using VEX to explore STEM. Compose a photograph that features one or more students working on a robot, testing, planning or celebrating your VEX team’s accomplishments. Use photography to tell the judges something about your own story of involvement on a competition team, in a classroom, or as a hobbyist working with VEX.
Grade Level Requirements
|Elementary School||Middle School||High School||College / University||No Grade Level Restrictions|
|VEX IQ Challenge||VEX Robotics Competition||VEX U||Open to All|
Prize(s): Each of the top 10 entrants chosen by the judges receive a $50 discount in the VEX Store from VEX Robotics, Inc.
Entrant grade range: Elementary, middle school, high school, and university students.
VEX competition team requirement: No team requirement
- A digital photograph in JPEG (jpg) format, up to 20MB in size. The photograph needs to be at least 1000 pixels wide in the case of a horizontally-oriented image, or 1000 pixels high for a vertical image. Submissions that are too large or not in JPEG format will not be considered.
- You may optionally include a short statement in English of up to 50 words describing what we see in the photo. This is not mandatory.
- Only one photo may be submitted per person, so pick your best!
- This is an individual competition, not team or school.
The winning submissions will be chosen by the staff of VEX Robotics and RECF using the judging criteria. The top ten photographs will be recognized online and will receive the prizes listed above.
- Does the photograph tell a compelling story and is it clearly focused on the topic?
- Does the picture show something that emphasizes youth involvement with STEM and robotics?
- Is the photo technically well done? Does it make effective use of lighting and composition?
- Technical rules for the contest:
- Submit photographs that are un-manipulated and real. We want to see what you see, not the result of Photoshop manipulation.
- Do not digitally enhance or alter your photographs beyond the basics of realistic color balance and sharpness. Do not digitally add or remove anything.
- Make your color saturation realistic. Please avoid significant over- or under-saturation.
- Do not use the alteration "filters" available in digital photo software.
- Black and white images are acceptable.
- Cropping is acceptable.