Dell Technologies Robotics Team/Club Website Challenge
This challenge is to develop a website that promotes your entire robotics program – your VEX IQ Challenge, VEX Robotics Competition, or VEX U team(s) and any other robotics programs you participate in, your outreach activities, how to join, what you have done, who you are, where you are, and what you plan to do in the future. In short, build a website that tells the world how great youth robotics is and how special your program is. You are encouraged to promote all the STEM activities in which your robotics program participates (VRC, BEST, Botball, FIRST, TSA, PLTW, SKILLS USA, SKILLS Canada, underwater robotics, workshops, camps, math competitions, bridge building, solar-powered cars, etc.)
Grade Level Requirements
|Elementary School||Middle School||High School||College / University||No Grade Level Restrictions|
|VEX IQ Challenge||VEX Robotics Competition||VEX U||Open to All|
- 1st: Dell Technologies Robotics Team/Club Website Challenge Award, $750 VEXrobotics.com gift certificate and automatic team qualification for this season's VEX World Championship if the entrant is part of a registered VRC, VEX U or VEX IQ Challenge middle school team
- 2nd: $500 VEXrobotics.com gift certificate
- 3rd: $250 VEXrobotics.com gift certificate
- Entrant grade range: Middle school, high school, college/university.
- VEX competition team requirement: The school or other organization submitting the website must have at least one team entered in the current season's VEX IQ Challenge (middle school only), VEX Robotics Competition or VEX U Competition.
- There may only be one website entry per school/organization/club.
- A website for a single team from a multi-team program will not meet the requirements of this challenge; it must be a website that includes all the teams from the school or club. Only one team will submit the final entry from a multi-team program.
These are the minimum requirements for this challenge. The “Judging Information” section below will provide additional guidance on how your project will be evaluated. Failure to fulfill any of these requirements may result in your entry being disqualified from advancing to Finalist or Winner status.
- The website must be visible to the general public via a URL.
- The website must have been designed and programmed by students in your VEX IQ, VRC, or VEX U program.
- Websites must work on Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers.
- Do not infringe copyrights.
- The website must be suitable for all ages, and may not promote violence or law breaking.
- Post the URL directly to this Online Challenge site during the submission process.
There may only be one website entry per school/organization/club. A website for a single team from a multi-team program will not meet the requirements of this challenge; it must be a website that includes all the teams from the school or club. Only one team will submit the final entry from a multi-team program. In the event that a multi-team program wins the top prize, it is up to that school/organization/club to decide which ONE team wins the qualification spot to VEX Worlds, as only one qualifying spot is available for this challenge.
Judges will select at least ten finalists from the submitted entries, and will take community voting results into account in making their choices. The finalist submissions will then be judged by additional selected professionals whose scores will be combined with the preliminary-round judges’ scores to determine the winner of the Dell Technologies Robotics Team/Club Website Challenge.
- How well does the website tell the story of the program, provide recognition for sponsors, teachers, mentors, and schools?
- Does it provide information for outsiders wanting to learn about your program?
- Is the website attractive and easy to navigate and does it have a unified design?
- Does the website have a clear, easy-to-use layout, good structure, and consistent use of colors, menus, and imagery?
Mon, Jan 23, 2017 8:40 AM CST
Wed, Sep 7, 2016 1:00 PM CDT
Wed, Jan 11, 2017 11:00 PM CST
Fri, Jan 27, 2017 2:00 PM CST