The FUTURE Foundation exists to advance robotics and technology through education.
FUTURE Foundation Recycling Challenge
With 10 years of VRC games we know there many old game elements out there, so we are challenging teams to take a look in storage rooms and closets to find those old stars, Skyrise pieces, cubes, balls, etc. Think of a creative plan to give old VRC game objects a new purpose. Consider making something to assist a teacher or students in a classroom, or something that can make simple tasks around the home or office a little easier. While developing this challenge we constructed a working floor lamp out of the Skyrise pieces. Check back in Fall 2017 for more details!
Grade Level Requirements
|Elementary School||Middle School||High School||College / University||No Grade Level Restrictions|
|VEX IQ Challenge||VEX Robotics Competition||VEX U||Open to All|
- 1st: FUTURE Foundation Recycling Challenge Award: $750 VEXrobotics.com gift certificate and automatic team qualification for this season's VEX Robotics World Championship
- 2nd: $500 VEXrobotics.com gift certificate
- 3rd: $250 VEXrobotics.com gift certificate
- Entrant grade range: Middle school, high school, university.
- VEX competition team requirement: This contest is open to VEX Robotics Competition and VEX U teams registered for the current season.
- Designs submitted in previous Online Challenges are not eligible for submission this year.
- Only one entry per challenge is permitted by the same person (if an individual entry) or team (if a group/team entry). Each team in a multi-team school or club program may submit an entry. For example, teams 123A and 123B could each submit an entry, but team 123A could not submit two entries.
Check back in Fall 2017 for more details!
Sat, Aug 19, 2017 12:15 AM CDT
Wed, Sep 13, 2017 9:00 AM CDT
Wed, Jan 10, 2018 1:00 PM CST
Fri, Jan 26, 2018 9:40 AM CST