Community Award Online Challenge Sponsored by Google
The Community Award Online Challenge Sponsored by Google is presented to either VRC and/or VEX U teams that make a positive impact on STEM education opportunities in their community through leadership, outreach, mentorship, and support. The winning teams made many contributions outside their own school or organization that helps students, teams, coaches or mentors. Contributions may span multiple seasons. Contributions are not limited to REC Foundation or VEX Robotics programs; they may include any robotics or STEM education program.
The submission will show the team’s impact on one or more of these STEM education opportunities in their community, outside of their own school or organization:
- Leadership or outreach to recruit new robotics teams or start new STEM programs or facilities.
- Leadership or outreach to recruit new students, coaches, mentors, event partners or volunteers.
- Leadership or support for registered VEX Robotics teams, competitions, or tournaments.
- Leadership or support for registered workshops such as Girl Powered events.
- Leadership or support for competitions, fairs, or programs in any STEM field.
- Mentorship for robotics teams.
- Any other leadership or volunteer support in the community related to STEM education or STEM activities.
Additionally, the submission will be judged on creativity and quality of the video.
The submission will be a video not to exceed 195 seconds (3 minute video and 15 seconds of required credits) that highlights the team’s community-wide contributions to STEM education programs. The video will be posted or uploaded to a video streaming service, and a link to the video will be submitted through the REC Foundation Online Challenge website.
Our team consists of Josue Cotto and Gabriel Cotto. Josue is the captain, the, builder and the driver. Gabriel is the coach, designer programmer, journalist and backup driver. Our team name is Redemption robotics. We are a Friend team (brothers) from Toa Alta, Puerto Rico. Our mentor and sponsor is Israel Cotto. The team design, construct and program are after school hours and on weekends at our house. We work in the robot four to five times a week. We have been presenting the robotic program to our current school to motivate them to create a robotic program in the school. We created a new...