36637A - SSP Website
Entry ID #: 9134
Created: Tue, Dec 8, 2020 11:48 AM
*Suez STEM for Petrochemicals (SSP) was established in September 2013 by the Ministry of Education and Technical Education, Misr El Kheir Foundation, and Exxon Mobil to develop technical schools, which helps in creating a generation of innovative, productive individuals, who are capable of competing nationally and internationally. SSP is located as a department at Suez Advanced Technical Industrial School.
There are some features for SSP:
- The first STEM high technical school (Five-year system) applies STEM concepts.
- Accepting students with a minimum score, 95% in the middle school after passing the admission tests in (Science, Technology, and Mathematics).
- Egyptians are eligible to apply for the school.
- Project-based learning (all projects revolve around the STEM concepts).
- Participate in robotics competitions and science & engineering fairs.
- First student activities for pre-college students (IEEE Suez Region E).
*IEEE Suez Region E (Pre-College Student Chapter) was established, in January 2018 by students from Suez STEM for Petrochemicals at Suez Advanced Technical Industrial School, in order to exist as an essential element to provide technical and professional support to pre-university students. It provides its services to the community within the public and private schools.
The system at IEEE Suez Region E is highly valuable as it depends on scientific research, engineering, and practical projects. Their works are based on teamwork, effective communication, innovation, and continuous development of skills. Therefore, the strategic and operational plan for the IEEE Suez Region E had developed to be based on project-based learning programs.