VEX Robotics Design a Game Animation Challenge
Create an animated video that shows and explains a new VEX Robotics Competition game. The game must incorporate at least one of the challenge objects displayed here. One or more of the challenge objects have to be involved in the scoring of the game. The challenge objects may be used in different sizes as long as the proportions remain unchanged. The submission will be a 3:00 minute long YouTube video. Download CAD models of these objects here.
- 1st: 2011 VRC Design a Game Animation Award, $750 vexrobotics.com gift certificate, automatic team qualification for the 2011 VRC World Championship (if part of a registered VRC team)
- 2nd: $500 vexrobotics.com gift certificate
- 3rd: $250 vexrobotics.com gift certificate
- This contest is open to students anywhere in the world currently registered in a middle school or high school educational institution, or to home school students younger than college/university level (generally age 18 and younger).
- Designs submitted in previous Online Challenges are not eligible for submission this year.
- No more than 3:00 minutes long to describe the game. You may have an extra 15 seconds at the end (not the beginning) for credits, for a total of 3:15.
- Start with an title screen and introduction that states the name of the game
- Show and explain the scoring objects in the game
- Explain how the challenge object is used
- Show and explain any field objects (goals, ramps, barriers, obstacles, etc.)
- Any animation method may be used, including computer-generated images (CGI), claymation, stop action, or hand-crafted art. Traditionally this is a CGI contest, but we are always interested in other creative approaches. You may NOT use video of live action - remember this is an animation contest!
- 50 Points: Video is well-produced and exhibits good editing, animation techniques, and use of music and narration.
- 25 Points: The game is playable, interesting, and incorporates the challenge object(s) in a creative, interesting way. It is a good game.
- 25 Points: Clearly shows the expected game play and scoring.
Thu, Jul 9, 2020 7:54 PM CDT
Mon, Nov 1, 2010 12:01 AM CDT
Sun, Feb 13, 2011 11:59 PM CST
Tue, Mar 1, 2011 12:00 AM CST