The Community Award Online Challenge Sponsored by Google
This year’s Community Award will be presented to VRC or VEX U teams that are helping or supporting their local community throughout the pandemic. How are you connecting, as a team, to make a difference in your community when in-person connections are limited?
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Team created a public service announcement to encourage social distancing practices using VEX robots
- Team organized food drives
- Team organized a robot parade for the neighborhood
- Team built robots that perform tasks to support COVID-19 efforts
- Team programmed a robot to lift someone’s spirits… like those in care facilities who must stay indoors and out of contact with other people or for front-line workers
Additionally, the submission will be judged on creativity and quality of the video.
The submission will be a video not to exceed 3 minutes, including credits, that highlights the team’s community-wide contributions. The video will be posted or uploaded to a video streaming service, and a link to the video will be submitted through the REC Foundation Online Challenge website.