RECF Team Educational Video
This challenge offers robotics competition teams the opportunity to help other schools and clubs learn from their experience. In this challenge, schools, clubs, and teams will produce a video and a companion document on a specific subject area that new teams will learn from. We expect that you will have your own idea, but possible areas for the video include understanding how to analyze a game, how to build a specific mechanism such as a drive train, lifting arm, actuator, winch, etc., or how to best work as a team at a tournament. Use your imagination - the only restriction is that it has to contain something useful for a new team to know about competition robotics.
- 1st: 2011 RECF Team Educational Video Award, $750 vexrobotics.com gift certificate, automatic team qualification for the 2011 VRC World Championship (if part of a registered VRC team)
- 2nd: $500 vexrobotics.com gift certificate
- 3rd: $250 vexrobotics.com gift certificate
- This contest is open to students anywhere in the world currently participating on an official VEX Robotics Competition team and registered in an education institution at the middle school, high school or college/university level.
- No team may submit more than one entry. Each team in a multi-team school or club program may enter this competition. Entries may represent a single team or multiple teams from the same school or club.
- This entry should include a written description (up to 500 words) in PDF format. This can include supporting drawings, diagrams or photographs.
- Video up to two minutes long, submitted to YouTube.
- 30 Points: The video is thoroughly achieves its informational goals, and is enjoyable to watch
- 30 Points: The documentation complements the video and contributes to learning
- 20 Points: Video provides real solutions to problems facing new programs
- 10 Points: Video is of high production quality, with good video, editing and sound
- 10 Points: Written documentation is clear and easy to follow, with a message that is easily understood