VEX Robotics Essay Challenge
This challenge is to write a short essay on what exactly VEX Robotics means to you. Tell the judges your own story of your involvement on a competition team, in a classroom, or as a hobbyist working with VEX. Perhaps VEX robotics has made you rethink your career plans, or made you want to study engineering in college, or helped you understand physics better. Maybe you have a friend or family member who learned something valuable from their VEX experience. However VEX robotics has improved your understanding, inspired you to try something you didnâ€™t know you could do, or even changed the course of your education - we want to hear about it.
- $50 vexrobotics.com gift certificates for the top ten entries
- A written essay in English of up to 250 words in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or Portable Document Format (pdf).
- Written by a student currently enrolled in grades 6-12 or a college student of any age up to 21.
- Only one essay may be submitted per person.
- More than one person may work on a single essay, but only one prize will be awarded per essay.
- This is an individual competition, not team or school.
- 70 Points: Content: Does the essay tell a compelling story and is it clearly focused on the topic?
- 30 Points: Writing: Is the essay clear and well thought-out, and is it easy to read and understand? Does it show good use of grammar and correct spelling?
Sat, Jun 3, 2023 6:54 AM CDT
Mon, Nov 1, 2010 12:01 AM CDT
Sun, Feb 13, 2011 11:59 PM CST
Tue, Mar 1, 2011 12:00 AM CST