VRC Promote Award
The Promote Award is presented to a VEX Robotics Competition (VRC) team that has created and submitted an outstanding team and/or VRC promotional video.
- 1st: 2012 VEX Robotics Promote Award, $750 vexrobotics.com gift certificate, automatic team qualification for the 2012 VRC World Championship
- 2nd: $500 vexrobotics.com gift certificate
- 3rd: $250 vexrobotics.com gift certificate
- Submissions are limited to members of a VRC or VRCC team, school, or club registered for the 2011-2012 season.
- Create and post to YouTube an entertaining advertisement or short movie highlighting VEX and the VRC, up to 90 seconds long
- Each team in a multi-team school or club program may enter this competition, but no team may submit more than one entry. Entries may represent a single team or multiple teams from the same school or club.
- The goal of this video is to help the team introduce itself in the community, to help recruit new students, mentors, and gain support for the team. This video may be about the team, the program, the competition, the design and build process, the robot itself or any theme the team believes can help promote its VEX Robotics program in their community. Show and celebrate the team experience throughout the current and past VRC season(s), including scenes from the design, build and/or competition phases of the program
- Promote how the VRC makes an impact on students, in the local community or schools/clubs participating in the program
- Videos submitted in previous Online Challenges are not eligible for submission this year
- 50 Points: How well does the entry meet the requirements?
- Was a 90-second or shorter video posted to YouTube?
- Was there more than one entry per VRC team?
- Does the video meet the goals of helping the team introduce itself in the community, to help recruit new students, mentors, and gain support for the team?
- Does the video show and celebrate the team experience?
- Does the video promote how the VRC makes an impact on students, in the local community or schools/clubs participating in the program?
- 25 Points: Video is exciting, easy to understand and expresses a complete vision
- 25 Points: Video is well-produced, with clear audio and a professional look and feel