Design a Game Animation
Any individual students, student groups or Official VEX Robotics Competition teams can submit an animated video that shows and explains their own design for a VEX Robotics Competition game.
- 1st: 2010 VEX Robotics Animation Award, One VEX Robotics Classroom Lab Kit, Autodesk 3D Studio Max Software, Automatic Team Qualification for the 2010 VRC World Championship
- 2nd: One VEX Dual Control Starter Bundle, Autodesk 3D Studio Max Software
- 3rd: VEX Protobot Robot Kit, Autodesk 3D Studio Max Software
- YouTube video (1:30-3:00 long)
- This contest is open to students anywhere in the world currently registered in an education institution at the middle school, high school or college/university level.
- Please indicate what software was used to create your animation when submitting your entry.
- Games designed for and animation videos submitted for previous VEX Online Challenges are not eligible for submission this year.
- 25 Points: Exhibit good editing, animation techniques, and use of music and narration
- 10 Points: Demonstrate the game being played, explaining and/or demonstrating important game dynamics, rules and penalties
- 10 Points: Visually show how a demo match would be scored and who would win
- 5 Points: Start with an title screen and introduction that states the name of the game Show and explain the scoring objects in the game Show and explain any field objects (goals, ramps, barriers, obstacles, etc.) Show credits at the end of those involved in creating the game and animation (credits should be no more than 10 seconds)
Tue, Jun 6, 2023 7:29 AM CDT
Mon, Jan 25, 2010 12:01 AM CST
Sat, Mar 6, 2010 2:00 AM CST
Fri, Mar 19, 2010 9:00 PM CDT