EMC Corporation® Robotics Team/Club Website Challenge
This challenge is to develop a website that promotes your entire robotics program – your VEX Robotics Competition, VEX U or VEX IQ Challenge team(s) and any other robotics programs you participate in, your outreach activities, how to join, what you have done, who you are, where you are, and what you plan to do in the future.
- 1st: 2015 EMC Robotics Team/Club Website Challenge Award, $750 vexrobotics.com gift certificate and automatic team qualification for the 2015 VEX Robotics World Championship if the entrant is part of a registered VRC, VEX U or VEX IQ Challenge team
- 2nd: $500 vexrobotics.com gift certificate
- 3rd: $250 vexrobotics.com gift certificate
This challenge is to develop a website that promotes your entire robotics program – your VEX Robotics Competition, VEX U or VEX IQ Challenge team(s) and any other robotics programs you participate in, your outreach activities, how to join, what you have done, who you are, where you are, and what you plan to do in the future. In short, build a website that tells the world how great youth robotics is and how special your program is. You are encouraged to promote all the STEM activities in which your robotics program participates (VRC, BEST, Botball, FIRST, TSA, PLTW, SKILLS USA, SKILLS Canada, underwater robotics, workshops, camps, math competitions, bridge building, solar-powered cars, etc.)Eligibility
- The school or other organization submitting the website must have at least one team entered in the 2014-2015 VEX Robotics Competition, VEX U or VEX IQ Challenge (one website entry per school/organization).
- A website for a single team from a multi-team program will not meet the requirements of this challenge; it must be a website that includes all the teams from the school or club.
- No more than one entry per school or club.
These are the minimum requirements for this challenge. The “Judging Information” section below will provide additional guidance on how your project will be judged. Failure to fulfill any of these requirements may result in your entry being disqualified from advancing to Finalist or Winner status.
- The website must be visible to the general public via a URL.
- The website must have been designed and programmed by students in your VRC, VEX U or VIQ robotics program.
- Websites must work on Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers.
- Do not infringe copyrights.
- The website must be suitable for all ages, and may not promote violence or law breaking.
Judges will select ten finalists from the submitted entries, and will take community voting results into account in making their choices. The finalist submissions will then be judged by additional selected professionals whose scores will be combined with the preliminary-round judges’ scores to determine the winner of the EMC Robotics Team/Club Website Challenge.Evalulation and Additional Information
- Provide recognition for sponsors, teachers, mentors, and schools
- Tell the story of the program, including the past, present and future plans
- Does it provide useful information for outsiders wanting to learn about your program?
- Website includes all your team’s activities, including outreach and educational.
- Is the website attractive and easy to navigate and does it have a unified design? Does the website have a clear, easy-to-use layout, good structure, and consistent use of colors, menus, and imagery?
Tue, Jun 6, 2023 2:56 PM CDT
Tue, Sep 16, 2014 5:00 PM CDT
Tue, Jan 13, 2015 4:00 PM CST
Sun, Feb 15, 2015 4:00 PM CST