VEX Robotics Competition Promote Award
The Promote Award is presented to a VEX Robotics Competition (VRC) or VEX U team that has created and submitted an outstanding team and/or VRC promotional video.
- 1st: VEX Robotics Competition Promote Award, $750 vexrobotics.com gift certificate and automatic team qualification for the 2015 VEX Robotics World Championship if the entrant is part of a registered VRC or VEX U team
- 2nd: $500 vexrobotics.com gift certificate
- 3rd: $250 vexrobotics.com gift certificate
The Promote Award is presented to a VEX Robotics Competition (VRC) or VEX U team that has created and submitted an outstanding team and/or VRC promotional video. The goal of this video is to help the team introduce itself in the community, to help recruit new students, mentors, and gain support for the team. This video may be about the team, the program, the competition, the design and build process, the robot itself or any theme the team believes can help promote its VEX Robotics program in their community.Eligibility
- Submissions to this contest are limited to members of a VEX Robotics Competition (VRC) team, school or club registered for the 2014-2015 season.
- Designs submitted in previous Online Challenges are not eligible for submission this year.
These are the minimum requirements for this challenge. The “Evaluation Criteria” below will provide additional guidance on how your project will be judged. Failure to fulfill any of these requirements may result in your entry being disqualified from advancing to Finalist or Winner status.
- Create and post to YouTube an entertaining advertisement or short movie highlighting the VEX Robotics Competition, up to 90 seconds long, plus an additional 15 seconds for credits.
- At the end of the video, there should be a credits section including the name of the entrant, the VRC team number of the team, and the name of the video. The credits should be no longer than 15 seconds.
- No team may submit more than one entry, but each team in a multi-team school or club program may enter this competition.
- Videos submitted in previous Online Challenges are not eligible for submission this year.
Judges will select at least ten finalists from the submitted entries and will use community voting results in their choices of finalists. The finalist submissions will then be judged by additional selected professionals who will determine the winners of the VRC Promote Award.Evaluation Criteria and Additional Information
Different videos may focus on different aspects of the VRC experience. The judges will evaluate each entry on ONE of the following. If your video covers more than one, that is fine:
- This video shows the team process – working and/or having fun together in the lab or at competitions.
- This video shows the impact the team has on their school and/or community, promoting STEM, their team, and the VEX Robotics Competition.
- This video shows how the team uses an engineering approach to build their robots.
- The video celebrates the “competition” part of VRC, focusing on the team’s experience attending tournaments and other VRC events. This would focus more on how the competition benefits the participants rather than on the awards and rankings of the team.
- Good video editing
- Use of music and sound
- Clarity of the message
Tue, Oct 26, 2021 9:53 AM CDT
Tue, Sep 16, 2014 5:00 PM CDT
Tue, Jan 13, 2015 4:00 PM CST
Sun, Feb 15, 2015 4:00 PM CST