VIQC Promote Award Online Challenge
The Promote Award is presented to a VIQC team that has created and submitted an outstanding VIQC promotional video. This video promotes the team in the community in order to recruit new students, mentors, and support. This video may be about what the team does, why other youth would love building robots and why they should join the team or start a new team, how the team builds their robot, or what they learn from the VEX IQ Challenge.
This is your big chance to tell us how great your team is! Be creative and have fun making a video which shows one or more of these parts of building VEX IQ Challenge robots:
- Why other youth would love building robots and should start a team or join your team.
- What your team does.
- How you design and build your robot.
- What you learn from the VEX IQ Challenge.
You will see the rules for the challenge below, but the most important thing is to get people excited about what your team does!
We used the exhibition that we did for our classmates in our school to show our work and what it means for us. In our Region Villavicencio Colombia, we are pioneers using VEX technology and we are excited showing everyone the wonderful things we can create.
We are young and it is our first time being part of a robotics team. We wanted to talk about our experience and expectations and why robotics is so interesting for us.
- Robotics can be a launching pad for kids to realize their passions.
- A strong robotics group can create leaders.
- Robotics can teach kids how to communicate across different technology platforms.
- Robotics can lead to community involvement.
- Robotics teaches essential teamwork skills.
The Crescent Cougarbots' video covers the four main areas of VEXIQ: Programming, Building, STEM, and competitions. We have built our robot to accomplish two driving strategies for competitions. Our STEM project in the form of a skit focuses on the Ethics of Bionics in sports competitions. Our STEM project also describes bionic technologies for legs used in competing.