VRC Girl Powered Online Challenge Sponsored by Google
Girl Powered is an initiative to redefine the face of STEM by creating a more inclusive environment for all students within the robotics community. Together, with the support of the entire community, we strive to encourage equal participation of young women and men in competitive robotics. We want to use this challenge to show the robotics community at large just what it means to be a Girl Powered VEX Robotics Competition team!
Things to keep in mind for a successful submission:
- When you hear the phrase, Girl Powered, what comes to mind? How is it reflected in your team’s approach to robotics?
- Share how your team has taken initiative to create a more inclusive environment that attracts a diverse group of students.
- Share how each team member has tried various roles on the team (everything from designing, to building, programming, strategy, awards, etc.). Explain what you learned through this experience.
- How do you believe diversity of perspective changes your robot design, your team chemistry, and even your ability to succeed?
- Who is your STEM role model and why? Does this person inspire you to have a more inclusive team / program? How?
We want compelling, engaging stories that give us insight into how you’ve taken the Girl Powered initiative and incorporated it into your experience on a VRC team. The benefit of having a diverse team will become apparent through your individual stories.
We love cooking shows and we have put together a recipe on how to create the perfect team. Inspired by our different cultures and passions we have worked together to bring something to you that is just a little bit different each and every time. Bon Appetit!
The VexJets have three different groups a A, B, and G but were all one big team. Within these groups there are many girls. when Vex started at Joe walker there was only one girl. The population of girls have grew seen then. The girls ao this team are treated no differently.Girls are more econized and appericated.
Women's lack of paticipation in STEM careers is an alarming trend that has always plagued our world. If we want women to take a greater role in these careers, where do we start? Girl Powered is the answer. Girl Powered is a movement that encorages diveristy in the STEM field in order to close this significant gap between genders. Both boys and girls are essential in STEM in order to generate diversity and build a successful world. By hosting the world's largest Girl Powered events in the world, Eastwood Robotics hopes to contribute to this movement.